Not just any charge cable, DuraTek cables were forged from superior quality materials for ultimate durability. Kevlar® fibers reinforce the inner wiring for added strength, abrasion-resistant nylon forms a tough outer jacket, and highly flexible insulation minimizes damage from friction. The strength created by these resilient ingredients is further enhanced by smart design details to reinforce the cable at its stress points. This ensures the finished product can withstand even the most demanding routines, and perform above and beyond expectation to deliver a cable that borders on indestructible.
- Kevlar® a high strength synthetic fiber used as a reinforcing agent to strengthen the conductors and enhance protection
- Drain wiring helps with added protection
- Insulated conductors reduce friction while creating added flexibility and protection
- Shield-braid and metalized Mylar shielding help to protect the cable from external electro magnetic interference
- Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) cable jacket is soft, pliable, and environmentally friendly
- Double-braided nylon exterior is abrasion resistant, reducing fraying and lasting longer
BUILT WITH DUPONT™ KEVLAR®
One of the key ingredients of DuraTek's secret strength is Kevlar®. This resistant aramid fiber is used the world over for everything from bullet resistant vests and crash helmets to surfboards and extreme sports gear. Strong Kevlar® strands are built into the cable adding ultimate strength. Able to flex without stretching, these fibers provide structure to keep the wires inside from damage.
DOUBLE BRAIDED NYLON
The external cable braiding is made from a premium and hard-wearing nylon material. Double braiding is a technique used in rope making and gives maximum strength and added resilience.This makes the cable abrasion resistant, more flexible, lightweight and less prone to fraying.
Inside the cable, many wires co-exist to provide better functionality and conductivity. Insulation protects the wires from damage as the cable bends and flexes, but some can cause stiffness, affecting the overall suppleness of the cable. The highly flexible insulation within DuraTek minimizes friction, allowing the cable to bend easily and the wires within to move without damage.
BETTER STRAIN RELIEF
The 18mm strain relief where the cable joins the connector head has been optimized to withstand the greatest amount of bend cycles. Made from flexible TPE, this added length and flexibility helps to absorb stress and reinforce the juncture between the cable and the connector head to prevent separation. Proven in testing to withstand 5000+ cycles where the cable is bent to 180-degrees, this cable is highly resistant to splitting and breakage. Not just flexible, TPE is also smooth, tactile and more environmentally-friendly than the standard PVC.
CONNECTOR KEY FEATURES
- Laser-welded connector withstands over 40.47 pounds of force
- Supports 12W optimal charging for iOS devices
- Robust metal can protects circuit board
- High polished extruded aluminum casing pairs perfectly with your iPhone
- 18mm TPE strain relief is built to withstand over 5000+ cycles during 180-degree cable bend test
At a Glance:
- Kevlar®-reinforced conductors provide added durability
- Double-braided nylon forms flexible, durable cable jacket
- Longer, flexible strain relief absorbs stress from bending to prevent breakage
- Aluminum casing protects circuit board inside connector
- Flexible insulation reduces friction
- 4-foot / 1.2-meters length
- Supports optimal 12W/2.4A charging
- 5-year limited warranty
- MFi Certified
iPad (2017), iPad 4th gen, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro (10.5"), iPad Pro (12.9"), iPad Pro (9.7”), iPhone 5/5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone X, iPod nano 7th gen, iPod touch 5th gen, iPod touch 6th gen